The Fivefold Plan For Prayer Evangelism
I have been reading a book called Crazy Love, Overwhelmed By A Relentless GOD by Francis Chan. Crazy Love has challenged me in several good ways. One challenge is my lack of contact with a lost world. Mine is a world of pastors, intercessors and Christian business owners. I have no relationships with lost people. I knew that if I am going to develop a lifestyle of relational evangelism, I would need to be intentional and do it within community. So I am leading a Praying for the Harvest class at my church through the winter. Through the years, I have watched the Spirit bring a harvest for the gospel through many different prayer efforts. Week by week I will be leading a group of believers in a number of these prayer efforts for the harvest. The Fivefold Plan For Prayer Evangelism is the most essential one for me because I desire to develop life style in evangelism. I want to share it with you because I think it is very important for the American Church.
What is the Fivefold Plan for Prayer Evangelism?
• Pray for laborers - Ask the Father to bring believers to your Biblical community who will join you in reaching out to the lost households in your sphere of influence.
• Pray for God’s peace and blessing - Pray for at least three households of seekers within your network of friends, persistently asking the Father to bless them and bring peace to their households.
• Associate with them - Associate with your unbelieving households through coffee, a meal together or participating in a event together and begin investing your life in theirs.
• Pray for miracles - Ask your seekers how you can pray for them and then pray persistently for miracles in their lives both personally and corporately with your Biblical community.
• Share the gospel - As your seekers experience God’s blessing, presence and power in their lives, share with them the gospel of the Kingdom of God.
How does the Fivefold Plan for Prayer Evangelism work?
1. List below the three unbelieving households you believe the Lord wants you to focus your prayer and life on:
2. Prepare the ground by praying for forty days, asking the Father to show His favor to your three households of seekers in the following three ways:
3. After you have prayed for your seekers for forty days, approach them and tell them that you are a part of a Biblical community that is praying for the neighborhood, or workplace, or community, etc. Then ask them:
4. Persistently ask the Father to act in miraculous ways in answer to your seeker’s prayer requests:
After you and your Biblical community have prayed, return to your seeker’s every two to three weeks to follow-up on answered prayer and ask for additional requests. Associate with them, asking them to have coffee or a meal together. Invest your life in their lives and show them the wonderful love of Jesus! Invite your Biblical community to join you in reaching out to those households that are responsive. As you pray, ask the Father to work in a miraculous way in their lives and to bring the reality of the Kingdom of God into their lives. Be ready to share the gospel with your seeker households as the Spirit leads.